Under general direction from Covenant’s Regional Vice President and specific direction from the Center's Board of Managers, the Center Manager is responsible for managing all business and clinical operations of the Center. The Center Manager is assisted by staff in Covenant’s corporate office. The Center Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining high quality and patient-focused care in a cost efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages clinical operations of the Center according to policies, protocols, orders, and regulations.
- Utilizes Center data and comparative information and principles of continuous quality improvement to drive improvement in Center results. Serves on, and in conjunction with the Regional Vice President and Medical Director, coordinates efforts of the Center Quality Management Committee.
- Works closely with the Center’s Medical Director and through subordinate staff to assure all clinical aspects of care delivered at the Center meet established standards. Through Center staff, works with attending physicians to implement specific patient care orders and protocols.
- Manages all employee relations and human resource activities (e.g., recruits, hires, trains, motivates individuals) to meet patient care needs within established budgets and staffing patterns. Supported by Human Resources staff in managing employee relations and HR activities.
Directs subordinate staff to manage supplies and inventory to assure that necessary supplies and equipment are available for patient care needs. Utilizes company processes to assure appropriate accounting and internal controls are maintained for ordering and receiving materials and equipment.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and communication skills in order to motivate Center associates. Conducts regular staff meetings with center associates to enable effective communication.
- Works with Covenant’s support staff and the Regional Vice President to continually meet requirements of State Licensure, CMS Conditions of Participation, and accrediting organizations.
- Provides on-site support and direction to Center associates for the Vice President of Revenue Management to assure appropriate procedures are followed for patient scheduling, registration, medical record documentation, billing, and collections. Serves as day-to-day manager of financial and administrative staff.
Provides a systemic approach in working with patient grievances and Covenant Compliance Team to resolve any issues of patient care.
Works with other Center Managers and other Covenant staff to improve processes that will enhance the Company’s overall outcomes.
Creates, analyzes, and provides routine and adhoc reports on Center activities as directed.
Strategizes methods to meet/exceed monthly budget parameters by working closely with Regional Vice President.
Serves as risk manager for the Center to address any safety issues and the reporting of general liability or workers’ compensationclaims.
Assists the Regional Vice President with preparation for Board of Manager and related governance meetings.
Performs a clinical function within the patient care environment as needed.
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience in the field of nursing, or related field preferred.
- Five years health care leadershipexperience.
- Five years clinical experience in surgery or procedure healthcare including demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique, working with anesthetized patients, and other clinical situations found in a surgical or procedural setting.
- Able to use personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail / calendar functions for day-to-day activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment impacting ASC’s, and the applicable standards of the AAAHC, The Joint Commission, and other regulatory bodies for ambulatory surgery centers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians and all medical professionals.
- Holds current RN license in State of New Jersey, in good standing.