The clinical nurseinstructor is responsible for teaching experienced internationally-educated nurses in the classroom, skills lab and clinical environments. The instructor will need to assess nurses progress and learning needs quickly during the 3-week Clinical Transitions Program (CTP).
- Assist in the planning, development and instruction of nursing courses to prepare internationally-educated nurses for US practice.
- Create an interactive learning environment that includes lecture, role-playing, simulation training, etc.
- Assess nurse’s learning needs based on feedback from Clinical Preparation Program (CPP), skills checklists and other data prior to commencement of the CTP
- Review progress through CTP and address any areas of concern.
- Evaluates nurse’s clinical reasoning skills and provides coaching and support for further development
- Perform clinical assessment of nurses that are struggling on assignment, terminated from assignment for remediation training
- Provide nurses with written and verbal feedback as part of a debrief after learning activities
- Ensure the goals and objectives of the clinical programs are communicated and upheld
- Collaborate with clinical and non-clinical departments to ensure a team approach to candidate management.
- Confer with clinical team members regarding management of nurses upon commencement of assignment to ensure successful placement
- Performs role of consultant or mentor to part-time clinical instructors with concerns regarding nurse progress and evaluation in the clinical environment
- Serves as liaison between Avant and various learning partners for shadowing and training experiences
- Provides timely and ongoing feedback to the VP of Clinical Operations or designee regarding individual nurse and group performance
- Ensure timely program revisions based on clinical standards and updates, client feedback and other key data.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Dedication—the individual should be committed to achieving results under demanding time frames
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Integrity—the individual possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
BSN Require; Master degreepreferred. Must have hands-on patient careexperience within the last 5 years; Experience in an academic setting or teaching/precepting nurses in a clinical environment preferred; experienceworking within the Acute Care Hospital setting required; TNCC, AWHONN a plus; Active FL Nursing license required; BLS Required, ACLS preferred
Committed to Avant’s Core Values
- Sense of Urgency
- Continuous Improvement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Individual must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. A winner; must be comfortable working in a very lean, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with little infrastructure/staff support. Not afraid to ‘roll up” his /her sleeves to get things done. A risk taker excited about growing a business. An excellent planner who is able to critically assess his/her own performance. Mature, poised, credible, determined, objective and empathetic. Recognized as a team-player.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Customer Relations
- Computer Literacy