The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) role is a traveling field based position. The CNE has frequent interaction with commercial team members: sales, marketing, managed markets, patient advocacy groups, as well as medical counterparts, MSLs and medical affairs. The CNE will also establish ongoing relationships with key customers, local and regional advocacy organizations and societies as assigned.
This collaborative approach will serve to provide education and enhanced clinical care, and to build strategic relationships with key customers. A CNE is bound by the product label for all promotional efforts, and in the interaction with non-commercial counterparts.
- Provides product and disease state-related education to health care professionals in the medical community within their assigned region, focused on the assigned targeted segments (i.e.: Nephrology, GI, Hospital, Hematology/Oncology, and OB/GYN).
- Develops strong, long-term relationships with clinical personnel, advocacy organizations, key nursing organizations, and medical societies, focused on the assigned targeted segments.
- Collaborates to identify and access key customers.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with field sales teams (TMs, RMs, CAMs, NAMs), Patient Advocacy Groups, and other corporate colleagues, as part of an integrated team to provide education and clinical support for all assigned. products.
- Partner with key commercial and medical personnel to ensure appropriate and compliant utilization and disease state education as it relates to assigned products.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below.
RNrequired, BSN (preferred)
• Experience with anemia management strongly preferred. Hospital experiencerequired
• 3+ years in the pharmaceutical industry preferred (nephrology, hematology/oncology, gastroenterology or relevant experiencepreferred)
• Strong clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information.
• Experience in working/leading cross-functional teams to coordinate and execute plans and projects.
• Established record of consistent achievement of goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the nephrology, hematology, gastroenterology, or OB/GYN market.
Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
Ability to do approximately 75% overnight travel.