The purpose of the Clinical Nurse Educator is to provide point-of-service support with key healthcare providers, clinics within a specified geography in order to enhance disease knowledge, support the patient therapy selection process, coordinate and provide training, assist patient pull through, enhance compliance and improve adherence.
Location: This position is located in the Greater Chicago Area including North of Chicago and requires residence within or reasonably close to the Northern part of the territory.
Serve as single-point of contact for Teva Patient Services for target physician offices within a defined geographic territory
- Conduct total office call and/or in-service sessions to educate physicians, nurses and office staff on Teva patient services and patient identification
- Train and educate office staff including proper use, handling and administration of Teva products including adverse events and safety information per label
- Support therapy choice through therapeutic, product education, and patient pull through
- Maintain communication and integrate activities, when appropriate, with Field Sales, Patient Services, and other Teva colleagues
Provide feedback to prescribing healthcare provider on patient’s experience with Teva product administration
Assist patients/caregivers in understanding and implementing treatment protocols prescribed by the target physician
- Reinforce treatment expectations established by the physician and review potential product benefits and side effects
- Provide patient education
Assist patient, Patient Services, and prescribing HCP office with alternative site of care coordination when indicated
Present information on disease state and symptoms, therapy, and healthy lifestyle choices to support compliance and adherence at patient programs and small group sessions
Responsible for capturing all notes related to office calls and patient care timely and accurately
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or Bachelor’s Degree in another field
Specific type of experience required
- 5 years nursing experience
- Registered Nurse, Current license in good standing in assigned state(s)
Specific type of experience preferred
- Recent experience with assigned disease state
- Patient educator experience
- Experience calling on health care providers within assigned territory.
Requisition # 17-20453