CNC is a front-line care provider as well as a coordinator and leader for the healthcare team. Within the nursing paradigm, the CNC applies the nursing process at the point of care through the strategic assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and evaluation of the unit as a whole to guide efforts for systematic, quality, and safety improvements. A critical component of the CNC role centers on improving effective interdisciplinary communication and coordination at the point of care.
As a care-delivery-systems expert, the CNC helps patients and families navigate the complex healthcare system; advocates for both patients and families, as well healthcare providers, working within the unit, the hospital, and the system. The CNC is accountable for improving care delivery within a unique healthcare delivery setting. The core focus for CNC practice centers on maximizing safe, quality, evidence-based care within the complex systems.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela’s missions, vision and values.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN); Effective January 1, 2015required BSN with hire, transfer into department or obtain within four (4) years from date of hire or transfer
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program.
• Minimum of three years relevant nursing experience.
• Requires a strong knowledge of nursing practice and leadership qualities that demonstrate the ability to delegate the delivery of care to others; ability to communicate with all health care team members.
• National certification in area of specialty, previous charge nurseexperience helpful.