Must have ABMG Board Certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics plus 5 or more years of experience at a director level in a molecular genetic laboratory.
The Clinical Molecular Geneticist is responsible for the review, interpretation, and reporting (sign-out) of molecular genetic and genomic (Sanger Genomic Sequencing) cases. This position could be designated for a remote-based position.
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) 1988-equivalent designation for this position is the "Clinical Consultant" and/or "Technical Consultant." The Laboratory Director delegates, in writing, specific CLIA-defined duties to medical specialties such as the Clinical Molecular Geneticist, but retains ultimate responsibility for overall operation and administration of the laboratory.
- MD and/or PhD, or equivalent degree. Formal training in pathology, laboratory medicine, or both; or an applicable clinical medical specialty.
- ABMG Clinical Molecular Genetics Board eligibility or certification.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Mobility: The person in this position needs to occasionally move between work sites and inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Communicate: Frequently communicate with others.
- PPE: Biohazard laboratory environment that requires use of personal protective equipment in accordance with CDC and OSHA regulations and company policies.
- ARUP Policies and Procedures: To conduct self in compliance with all ARUP Policies and Procedures.
- Authorized to Work: Must be a citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the United States.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Fine Motor Control: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- English: Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.