Heraeus, the technology group headquartered in Hanau, Germany, is a leading international family-owned company formed in 1851. We create high-quality solutions for our customers and strengthen their long-term competitiveness by combining material expertise with technological know-how. Our ideas are focused on important issues such as the environment, energy, health, mobility and industrial applications. In the 2016 financial year, Heraeus generated revenues without precious metals of €2.0 bn and a total revenue of €21.5 bn. Our promise to over 12,400 employees in about 40 countries is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities
Job Summary - Provide technical and clinical support for Heraeus Medical franchise to surgeons, OR staff, sales representatives, and principal agents. The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for educating prospective and current clients of Heraeus Medical on using our products and best practices to optimize outcomes in joint replacement surgery.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of current and classic cementing concepts in orthopedics, the assigned product line, and clinical procedures supported by Heraeus’ products; be able to articulate and demonstrate these concepts in order to optimize outcomes in joint replacement surgery.
- Review clinical literature and internal resources to define best clinical and administrative practices for orthopedic fixation and prosthetic joint infection management.
- Disseminate best practices to physicians, other operating room clinicians, and healthcare administrators through on site and virtual educational/training sessions (including in-services, case support).
- Respond to product and other questions submitted by clients in the region.
- Assist the sales teams customize benefit presentations based on the unique circumstances of each prospect.
- Provide input for Heraeus business partner representative medical education courses and surgical skills lab agendas.
- Teach general orthopedic cementing and medical condition topics including current and classic concepts of Heraeus products and procedures.
- Assist in the development of written digital learning materials for the purpose of Heraeus representative education and training.
- Participate in healthcare professional medical education and training programs. Carry out the objectives created for healthcare professional product and procedure training programs.
What is required for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred, Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the bio-medical sciences or related fields.
- Clinical experience gained either as an employee of a hospital or as a vendor.
- Experience in hospital education or hospital sales. 3-years of experience in orthopedic sales with experience in total joint arthroplasty a priority.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and reliability, exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative approach and team orientation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to travel 50-75%.