Clinical Manager - Labor & Delivery
5 - 7 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
We are currently recruiting a Clinical Manager - Labor & Delivery to join a dynamic team in Polk County, Florida. Position offers a competitive salary with bonus. Please forward an updated resume for immediate consideration.
Provides management and oversees the delivery of specialized clinical services throughout Labor & Delivery on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
- promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- work cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the department to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers. This is accomplished by assessing and prioritizing opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- actively support and promote a professional practice model that encourages staff participation in the development of clinical standards that is collaborative, collegial and utilizes current trends and data in professional practice (clinical and administrative),
- oversee various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and other related activities.
- maintain clinical competencies for assigned clinical area and provides bedside care as needed. Assess/coach and evaluate staff level of practice. Develop programs that foster continued clinical development from novice to expert to positively impact on patient career satisfaction of staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s preferred
Extensive experience as a hospital-based nurse manager or above, in a Mother/Baby department