Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is the leading home health and hospice provider in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley, meeting the changing healthcare needs of our community since 1908.
Our mission is to provide high quality home health, hospice and related services to promote the health and well-being of all community residents including those unable to pay. As we grow and enhance our services, we are looking for top-quality individuals to help continue our legacy of excellence and our commitment to the community.
We are currently offering exciting opportunities to become a part of our committed team of skilled professionals in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley.
Job Description Summary
The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately as well as the for supervision of the home health clinical team. The Clinical Manager ensures that all home health services to newly admitted and active Home Health patients are in accordance with state regulations and as required by the Medicare Conditions of Participation. The Clinical Manager is responsible for collaborating effectively with the other team members and nursing staff to ensure optimal care for all active Home Health cases. The Clinical Manager assists in designing and implementing measurements to monitor and improve processes for effectiveness and quality. The Clinical Manager supports the SYV Director and acts as his/her designee when absent or as requested. The Clinical Manager respects and promotes the mission, vision, and values of VNHC.
Essential Job DUTIES AND Responsibilities
1. Reviews referral and available patient information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine home health needs. Responsible for making patient and personnel assignments and collaborates with scheduling to assign appropriate clinicians to each case.
2. Responsible for coordinating patient care. Reviews and evaluates each case by reviewing the services provided by clinicians, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home health services, and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
3. Monitors nursing and rehabilitation team schedules, patient care, patient outcomes, patient needs, producing desired outcomes, and interdisciplinary care. Responsible for compliance to frequency and duration and treatment orders on patient care plan or per MD orders.
4. Ensures timely printing of correct physician orders.
5. Monitors daily, weekly and monthly reports for department efficiency, compliance and quality of care. Works with SYV Director to achieve pillar goals.
6. Meets with team members for weekly 'one on one' case management review and updates. Responsible to run Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Caseload, SHP and other reports and or patient specific documents to ensure patient care is documented, needs are continually assessed and care is coordinated and provided to meet patient goals.
7. Maintains procedures, protocols, processes and communication to facilitate team collaboration, effectiveness, and adherence to standards of practice. Researches "best practices" to assure most current nursing practice is promoted for optimum patient outcomes.
8. Responsible for resolving patient and physician complaints.
9. Knowledgeable of state, federal, local, rules and regulations; Title XXII standards and accreditation regulations for the delivery of home health services.
10. Able to prioritize and facilitate interventions that effectively solve or prevent problems related to system delivery and day to day care.
11. Monitors and implements required staffing and maintains productivity guidelines.
12. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy, ensuring that a clinical manager is always available during all operating hours
13. Participates actively in quality management programs.
14. Participates in the screening and interviewing process of new organization personnel and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Oversees the orientation of new home health clinical personnel. Ensures initial and annual competencies are completed. Competencies for nursing staff are reviewed/updated at least annually.
15. Develops and implements a preceptor and/or mentoring environment for home health clinical staff. Preceptors/mentors are selected on identified criteria and evaluated during and at the completion of the mentoring process for effectiveness and suggestions for improvement.
16. Responsible to complete employee performance evaluations on probationary and annual basis through provision of supervised Home Health visit. Clinical evaluation for performance includes observation of competencies, clinical documentation and compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards.
17. Counsels and/or disciplines employees in a timely, confidential manner. Encourages employee problem solving, conflict resolution, and improved performance. Seeks appropriate guidance and direction for difficult disciplinary situations.
18. Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the SYV.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description, and as required in the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
1. Registered Nurse with current licensure in good standing to practice professionally in the state of CA.
2. Bachelor's degree, preferred.
3. Two years management or supervisory experience in health care setting, preferably home care.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Licensed driver with insured automobile - in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.
6. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
7. Familiar with Home Health EMR systems
8. Ability to utilize available tools, resources and systems to report and analyze patient care trends and outcomes.
9. Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS & PERKS AT VNHC INCLUDE:
· Competitive salary
· Best in class medical, dental, vision insurance benefits
· 403(b) retirement plan available
· Paid time off
· Fitness subsidies available
· Public transportation subsidies available