The Clinical Manager of Care Center is responsible for the overall performance of the department including the quality, service, productivity and teamwork. The position is also responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of organizational effectiveness in terms of strategic policies and practice related to review of health information.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support for the team members. This includes the performance management and oversight of the individual and team performance as it relates to Quality, Service, Productive and Teamwork.
- Facilitate ongoing development of staff within the department through coaching, mentor-ship and effective counseling.
- Enhance and direct the quality processes for the department. This includes development and monitoring of key quality metrics.
- Collaborate with the IT specialist to ensure the client interfaces is effective for the retrieval and review of the client record.
- Develop effective structures, policies and procedures within the department.
- Develop and manage the department budget.
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes within the department.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the department and with other stakeholders within the organization.
- Problem solve issues and determine the best outcome for the organization and team.
- Provide support in implementing the system application to new and existing clients.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties as necessary
- Bachelors degree in nursing or other related field
- Arizona RN license in good standing
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Prior experience with implementation of clinical informatics systems
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and other health care providers.
- Ability to motivate, lead and influence others. To effectively coach and advise team
- Strong interpersonal skills; including strong listening skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and resources within the organization
- Strong technical skills - proficient word processing skills and computer literacy, including MS Office,Windows, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to health care privacy and other pertinent compliance items related to health care information
Physical and Psychological demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, crouching, drawling and/or stretching from seated or standing positions
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate medical equipment, keyboard, telephone, copier, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust visual focus, hearing and smelling
- Requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing and growing environment
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information via telephone or computer.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity of the job
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to drive a car and also have the ability to travel by public transportation and airplanes.