Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 205 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities – clinically, operationally, and financially.
Reporting into the facility CEO and DON the Clinical Lead is responsible for oversight of the routine functioning of the unit on his/her assigned shift. Responsible for the quality improvement/risk management program and education of the department. As a Registered Nurse, the Clinical Lead is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting with the achievement of patient outcomes with the mission of the facility.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, otherhealthcareworkers, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patients care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based on age-specific needs utilizing developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate and continued knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for the position.
- Responsibly demonstrates and the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, and Licensure:
- Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school of nursing
- Current state nursing license in South Carolina OR NLC/ENLC License
- At least two (2) to five (5) years of nursing experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is required.
- Orthopedic experiencerequired- open to varied specialties
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.