$80K — $100K *
Shift 3: Rotating
Purpose of Position
Performs a full range of services as assigned under the general supervision of the area Supervisor, Manager and Director of the section of Chemistry Laboratory.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs clinical testing in laboratory areas where he/she is fully trained and in compliance with Federal, NYSDOH, CAP and JCAHO standards.
• Complies with all laboratory procedures and obtains or receives laboratory specimens which include blood, urine and body fluids; performs clinical laboratory tests, and obtains data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
• Understands the principles of and competently performs a variety of techniques in both manual and automated testing; follows KCHC laboratory established policy and procedure guidelines.
• Works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines, records and files all data obtained.
• Provides guidance and technical training to clinical laboratory technicians assigned at Levels I and II and technologists and other appropriate laboratory personnel; coordinates, reviews, and monitors their work; presents constructive feedback and suggestions on activities of subordinates to senior leadership.
• Performs proficiency testing in the same manner as patient samples.
• Follows KCHC safety protocol at all times.
• Demonstrates ability to follow standard and complex scientific laboratory methods and procedures.
• Participates in non-routine testing procedures in association with specialized research program(s); makes suggestions to minor modifications to procedures, techniques, and tests as appropriate and required.
• Reports critical value results promptly and documents them immediately as per KCHC laboratory established guidelines.
1. Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED; and
2. One year of full-time paid experience as a technologist performing pertinent tests and analyses in a clinical laboratory as defined in Title V, Section 57 1 of the New York State Public Health Law.
Valid through: 3/4/2021
$120K — $140K + $8K bonus
15 days ago