$80K — $100K *
Purpose of Position: Under the general supervision of the Technical Supervisor, who is certified by the Board of Pathology and performs cytological evaluations of specimens in accordance with the departmental testing procedures and policies, and the Assistant Director, Associate Director, and the Director, this individual supervised the section of Histology/Cytology Laboratory and performs a full range services as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to all relevant corporate, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures governing clinical laboratory services. Demonstrates ability to plan and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in delivering a comprehensive range of laboratory, scientific, technical and diagnostic services.
• Communicates pertinent information to laboratory management especially problems and nonconformance.
• Provides leadership in laboratory operations:
1. Directs the operations of a group.
2. Allocates all resources efficiently to ensure proper coverage.
3. Manages personnel effectively.
4. Complies with all policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates abilities to solve problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of safe and proper practice in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
• Ensures timely turn-around time of samples received in the laboratory.
• Ensures that the reagent and other laboratory supplies are used within the Laboratory Guidelines - e.g. Reagents are dated when received and when opened before placing on the instrument.
• Performs tests requiring special skills and assists the laboratory in special Circumstances whenever necessary.
• Checks and monitors maintenance of instruments.
• Checks and monitors that quality control is performed and recorded; assures that all remedial actions are taken if necessary.
• Ensures that all system functions are within established performance specifications.
• Monitors examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
• Monitors that proper record keeping practice is maintained (includes storage and retrieval of data).
1. Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED; and
2. Candidates must also meet one of the qualification requirements of a laboratory supervisor as outlined in Title 1 0, Section 58-1.4 of the New York Public HeaIth Law
Cytotechnlologist License issue by the NYSED
Licensed from New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Cytotechnologist.
Valid through: 3/4/2021
$120K — $140K + $8K bonus
8 days ago