We are looking for Clinical lab Scientist for our client in Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Title: Clinical lab Scientist
Job Location: Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- CLS - Travel- 4 x 10 hr shifts, night shift, 6 pm-6:30 am
- Sunday through Wednesday in ED Stat Lab
- Required: CA approved equivalency of CLS
- Preferred: BS and 12 month internship at school of med technology
- Required: CA state license
- Preferred: ASCP or equivalent
- Preferred: Cerner LIS experience
- Performs, verifies and reports laboratory tests. Supervises and verifies work of non-licensed personnel. Performs Lab Assistant and Lab Technical Aide responsibilities as required. Provides appropriate education for staff and students.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Orders and processes laboratory requests in accordance with established procedures within acceptable turnaround time
- Collects and processes all necessary paper work, assuring appropriate reporting
- Assists in ordering, maintaining, and restocking of supplies
- Recognizes critical test results and informs appropriate individual in a timely manner
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System as appropriate
- Determines specimen/control/patient result acceptability
- Performs proficiency testing as assigned
- Complies with hospital and Laboratory safety policies and procedures
- Complies with all State and federal regulations
- Maintains awareness of workflow utilizing various tools(Workcenter Pending, Cerner 911, 912, 123 as needed) to achieve optimal department test turnaround times for priority orders(STAT, Timed, Am Run, inpatient.)
- Performs or verifies quality control, validation, and calibration for instruments.