The Clinical Integration & Population Health Manager works with the Chief Medical Officer to oversee the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures for Bryan Health Connect (BHC) to develop and maintain a clinically integrated network of providers. Coordinates the delivery of evidence-based care guidelines by working with BHC’s physician led Clinical Guidelines/Quality Assurance Committee and ensure active promotion, measurement and enforcement of the guidelines. Responsible for assisting network clinics in managing the overall health of attributed populations and helping BHC and its partners achieve success in value-based contracts.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- *Works with the Chief Medical Officer to develop, implement and maintain the population health management strategy to improve care quality and consumer engagement.
- *Develops and evaluates programs and opportunities to manage the health of the populations served by Bryan Health Connect.
- *Assists in the formulation of healthcare service utilization and cost forecasts for selected patient populations.
- *Identifies/assists in the development of provider system-based disease management programs.
- *Works with BHC leadership to prepare BHC physicians and health systems to be successful in migrating to new forms of reimbursement based on value.
- *Assists in the selection, deployment and development of data/decision support tools and services necessary for managing healthcare risk.
- *Works with the Chief Medical Officer to communicate and articulate the population health management vision to key stakeholders including physicians and other healthcare professionals, administrators and customers.
- *Provides training, coaching and structure to the population health management team members during the design, implementation and ongoing practice of process improvement.
- *Educates hospital representatives and physicians regarding protocols, population health pathways, and evidence based care. Shares data and information to illustrate the effectiveness of population health initiatives.
- *Maintains and distributes regular updates to BHC leaders with respect to population health management activities, milestones, ongoing/continuing outcomes and associated expense savings.
- *Establishes relationships and acts as a trusted resource for network physicians and clinic personnel to advance the value-based priorities of the network.
- *Works with data and analytics team to produce aggregate practice reports (gap closure) and identify opportunities for targeted, scalable intervention.
- *Utilizes data and evidence-based research to identify practice variability and define targeted and scalable initiatives for review by the BHC Clinical Guidelines/Quality Assurance Committee and BHC leadership.
- *Meets at least quarterly with assigned clinics to discuss value-based contract performance reports and BHC clinical priorities.
- *Oversees BHC efforts to establish clinical integration priorities to achieve a culture of evidence based quality care.
- *Meets with representatives of appropriate committees in BHC to establish and agree upon criteria, protocols, care pathways, etc. to meet the goal of providing evidence based care.
- *Collaborates with BHC’s Clinical Guidelines/Quality Assurance Committee to prioritize initiatives that drive performance in value-based contracts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk “*”. Refer to the Job Description Guide for the definition of essential and non-essential job functions.) Attach Addendum for positions with slightly different roles or work-specific differences as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health related field required. Master’s degree or greater in healthcare related field preferred. Minimum five (5) years relevant healthcare experience. Prior leadership experience in clinical integration, population health, ACOs, and/or disease management preferred. Direct experience with clinical integration, population health, health care administration, policy or value-based programs preferred.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid State of Nebraska driver’s license required. Verification and maintenance of responsible driving record per facility standards required.
occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Required travel extensively between sites, most within a 90-mile radius, approximately 3-5 days per week, including night and early morning meetings as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Bryan Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Req # 15276