Utilizes clinical expertise and knowledge of patient care, operational processes, and information systems requirements to participate in design, specification, implementation and evaluation of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Conducts application testing and assist with staff training. Participates in development and review of training and policy and procedure materials. Acts as a knowledgeable resource regarding the EMR, and ensures effective problem resolution at an application and initial technical level. Supports users during implementation and assists staff with making the transition from current to new automated practices, incorporating change management principles and has project accountability to the designated Lead.
- Performs workflow analysis of multidisciplinary healthcare provider activities, and translates into optimal system design and content for organizational and unit-based practice.
- Leads, facilitates, and consults with multidisciplinary healthcare provider work teams in the specification and design of the EMR for order management, clinical data repository, documentation, clinical pathways, and decision support.
- Incorporates enterprise benefit targets into design, specification and configuration activities.
- Develops test plans; conducts and reports results of application, system and performance testing.
- Acts as an expert resource to staff by anticipating and identifying educational, procedural and functional problems associated with the implementation of the EMR.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- B.S. or PharmD in Pharmacy
- Current Washington state Pharmacist license
- 3 years of hospital pharmacy experience
- 1 year recent experience designing, writing specifications, configuring, training or implementing clinical applications
- Knowledge of database structures, data definitions and data relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and facilitate multidisciplinary clinician groups as part of a clinical information system implementation
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and knowledge of customer service principles.
- Interest and aptitude in information technology.
- Ability to work independently and in teams with representatives from multiple departments.
DESIRED for the position:
- Previous experience implementing provider order entry and/or clinical repository applications
- Participation in large-scale projects or experience with project management methodologies