Industry: Misc. Healthcare•
5 - 7 years
Posted 272 days ago
The Clinical Informatics position shall act as a liaison between the hospital’s clinical areas and the IT department. This includes the primary responsibility of determining the needs and requirements for clinical applications in acute and ambulatory healthcare settings. This individual will work with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of clinical systems through education and training, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational goals. This role will collaborate closely with – and communicate between – IT leadership and the clinical community to provide leadership for clinical systems projects and initiatives. Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the usage of clinical information systems. Promote the integration between clinical areas and IT regarding the development and translation of business needs, using the appropriate reporting tools and methodologies. Manage workflow and business process changes to ensure the success and optimization of new or modified clinical information systems. Consider the impact that new or modified clinical information systems have on patient confidentiality and privacy, in accordance with HIPAA.Train, educate, and instruct clinical users on features, operation, and usage of software systems. Provide writing and documentation support to capture business area reporting requirements. Understanding Health Information Exchange for ambulatory and hospital data integration.
Work in collaboration with Business intelligence for reports that clearly communicate the results and/or progress of clinical systems initiatives for process improvement. Monitor system performance and compliance with EMR recommended standards, and report to IT and impacted departments when anomalies, errors, inaccuracies, or inefficiencies occur. Make recommendations as needed. Remain abreast of trends and developments in the field of clinical informatics. Coordinate the collection and analysis of metrics that relate to benefits realization and the return on investment in clinical information systems.
* Bachelors degree in nursing, Masters degree in nursing, MHA, MBA - preferred.
* Cerner fundamentals or obtain within a month of new hire - required.
* Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in an acute /ambulatory setting - required.
* Continued education in Informatics - preferred.
* Current RN license in the state of Arizona - required.
* Change management training - preferred.
* Influencer training or similar/ LeanSix Sigma - preferred.
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of computers.
* Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Customer-service orientation.
* Ability to speak effectively to co-workers, audience.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Evidence of promoting change and leading others.