As a key member of the Suki Product and Clinical team, you will play the essential role of owning the clinical nomenclature that enables healthcare interoperability. The team will rely on your expertise and detailed curation of the datasets that enable Suki to encode clinical terminology and integrate with third party software.
You will define the set of clinical terminologies that lay at the foundation of Suki’s intelligence. You will collaborate with a team of expert technologists to develop a next-generation experience for clinical software, and help ensure that Suki can interoperate widely with the healthcare ecosystem. You will help the team imagine how clinical practitioners can generate all the data a complex healthcare system needs, using natural human interfaces that fit seamlessly into their practice. Your contributions will be key to realizing a future where technology is invisible and assistive in medicine.
While you know how to work hard, you also know how to have fun at work, make friends with your colleagues and contribute to our diverse and inclusive culture. You will contribute to making doctors’ lives better by reducing the administrative burden they face every day.
- Identify and own the primary set of medical terminologies that serve as the foundation for Suki’s medical language understanding (e.g. ICD-10 CM, CPT)
- Oversee and maintain the translation of these primary terminologies to alternative terminologies that may be used by systems with which Suki interoperates (e.g. SNOMED)
- Strategic input and knowledge contributions to product features such as diagnosis code suggestions and structured data extraction for quality reporting
- Assist the Product and Customer Success teams in understanding the needs of Clinical Informatics stakeholders at customer sites
- Provide education and contribute to collateral on Clinical Informatics topics e.g. for the Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams
- Contribute to Suki’s clinician-centered culture, as a key member of a fast-growing team with potential for significant, long-term impact in healthcare technology and the practice of medicine.
- Reports to VP of Clinical
- 8+ years experience in a Clinical Informatics function within a health system, payor, software company, etc.
- Deep understanding of clinical terminologies and how they are used including but not limited to ICD-10, SNOMED, CPT, LOINC
- Experience architecting and maintaining pipelines for managing coding sets for ICD-10, SNOMED, CPT, LOINC
- Skills for managing large datasets, including requisite coding in python/bash
- Experience implementing software integrations with EHRs including Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, Athena, and/or Meditech
- Strategic thinker and and creative problem-solver, can imagine new ways to build the healthcare stack
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, finds a way when faced with challenges
- Team player who is eager to understand motivations of different stakeholders and collaborates to achieve results
- Exceptional work ethic and start-up mentality, willing to pick up any job that needs doing
- Fit in with Suki’s culture, share our passion for Suki’s mission
- Bedside clinical background (e.g. MD, RN) is a plus but not required
- Candidates who wish to continue practicing medicine part-time are encouraged to do so, as long as the commitment during weekday working hours is minimized