This position will be part of the Real World Evidence Strategy and Analytics (ALIGN) team within the Personalized Health Research, Analytics & Solutions at Biogen and report into the Director, Head of Clinical Informatics and Operations. As part of the team, he/she will be responsible for the development and management of a unique, multi-center, large-scale ongoing real world data set comprising EHR, imaging, genetic and sensor-based data in Alzheimer’s Disease. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining EHR and clinical, payor, and biomarker data standards using industry guidelines and drawing on past experience with managing real world evidence data sets. He/she will play a key role in helping to define the healthcare data standards strategy, its implementation and evolution for the program.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing and managing the content curation pipeline for the individual data types (EHR, imaging, genetic, and sensor-based)
- Curation of clinical data sets with equal focus on medication data and genomic/biomarker data. Data curation will utilize working knowledge and experience as a pharmacist or laboratory technician.
- Publication of versioned data sets for research us.
- Creating, maintaining and publishing documentation related to the above
- Liaising with the information technology groups to enhance and further develop the data collection, management and distribution infrastructure
- Supporting ad hoc requests for data mining and analysis to aid hypothesis generation for network participants
- Creation, analysis and reporting of targeted data sets on an ad hoc basis for operational purposes and to monitor the participant network
- Conducting directed research in the areas of learning healthcare systems, data privacy, and clinical informatics.
- Minimum of 7 years direct industry experience in healthcare setting, EHR or clinical systems, or biopharmaceutical companies using healthcare terminology standards and management of multiple terminologies
- Demonstrated experience with various healthcare terminology and messaging standards, such as ICD-9/ICD-10, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm, NDC, CPT, HCPCS, HL-7, FHIR, C-CDA structure
- Broad working knowledge of typical healthcare IT systems (EHR, PACS, RIS, LIS, billing, ordering, scheduling) clinical data modeling, and biomarkers/genomic data modeling.
- Proficiency with SQL and HTML. Proficiency in SAS, R or Python preferred
- Working knowledge of and experience with data management approaches e.g. relational databases, object stores, column stores, triple stores, graph stores, document stores desired
- Experience working cross-functional groups at the intersection of clinical, psychosocial or imaging data analytics and computational technologies desired
- Ability to be self-directed at the manager level with skills to influence others who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated success in project or program management in a fast-paced environment
Education: PharmD, MPH, MS in information sciences or health informatics, or relevant experience in the medical, science or regulatory discipline field.