The Clinical Field Specialist will provide clinical insight and educational support/training on the technical applications of company products. This role will provide technical training in a clinical and/or surgical environment.
- Increasing revenue and driving market development through direct sales to individual MFMs, Ob/Gyns and Genetic Counselors.
- Sales efforts include effective prospecting, cultivating and maintaining key relationships.
- Creating and implementing a strategic business plan to grow revenue quickly in your geography.
- Sales efforts will focus on currently marketed products and new product launches.
- Will play a critical role in the success of the organization.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- A Four-year university degree required in Bachelor of Science, Nursing or related healthcare field preferred.
- Minimum three years' physician sales experience in diagnostic laboratory business (preferably in a genetics laboratory).
- Background in medical or biological sciences (clinical diagnostics preferred).
- Market knowledge and experience selling to OB/GYN or MFM strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of success in establishing new market and new products and increasing revenue quickly.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; Gmail; SalesForce.com.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) with demonstrated ability to effectively present to both internal and external customers.
- Effective time management skills required with a demonstrated ability to assess and prioritize opportunity required.
- Will be exceptionally bright, flexible, self-motivated and results oriented with strong interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to thinks strategically as well as execute tactically.
- Must act with a sense of urgency, with a focus on closing business.
- Have the ability to assess the needs of medical professionals and staff members with a focus on consultative sales, coordination of logistics, and problem solving.
- Have a strong desire to work in a startup environment and must work independently with an internal drive to be successful.