Position Description While performing duties related to St. Clair Hospital or the Mt. Lebanon Surgical Center of St. Clair Hospital, this position is responsible for identifying, assessing, designing, implementing, and evaluating education programs for staff that support the provision of quality patient care. Acts as an expert clinician who uses knowledge and skills as an educator, consultant, role model, and innovator in nursing practice. Identifies issues in patient care and recommends methods for improvement. Position Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
2. Five years of experience in an Operating Room setting.
3. Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Education.
4. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Instructor certification.
5. Demonstrated expertise in program development and implementation.
6. Computer expertise with Microsoft Office software.
7. Five years of clinical nursing experience in an acute setting.
8. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
1. Certification as a Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR), or certification as Certified Peri-Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN).
2. PALS and ACLS certifications.
3. ACLS instructor certification.