We have an exciting opportunity for you to join TriStar Division Clinical Education team. A team that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services , HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Eastside Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- P aid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care throughout the hospital in their assigned market. The Clinical Education Specialist is part of the TriStar Division team supporting multiple facilities across the Southern KY, Nashville, East TN, and North GA areas.
The Clinical Professional Development Specialty Educator will have deep subject matter expertise in said specialty of nursing and will provide evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff in the specialty setting. Job Duties:
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
- You identify learning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps, comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans educational content with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities.
- You have the opportunity to designs and identify educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes.
- You will develop activities to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that encourages learner engagement.
- Utilizes the educational process to improve professional practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality patient care.
- You will participate in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- You provide orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention.
- You will conduct orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment. Incorporates organizational values/culture into the orientation process.
- Serves as a role model for organizational and personal commitment to new employee success.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care! Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS
- BSN, Healthcare Administration or Education - Required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field - Preferred
- 3 Years Clinical Education experience - Required
- 5 Years experience in acute care hospital setting - Required
- Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state in which he or she practices - Required
- Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center - Preferred
- BLS - Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status