CHRISTUS St. Vincent Hospital - Santa Fe, NM
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Clinical Education
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Education
Position is responsible for improvement and implementation of a complete, integrated organizational medical schooling for clinical disciplines and selected expert improvement packages in alignment with organizational desires and strategic objectives. In collaboration with medical management, coordinates the evaluation, layout, transport and assessment of all medical educational sports. A key goal is prioritizing instructional desires to make certain clinical staff competency requirements are met.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Master’s degree in nursing or related field required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico registered nurse license, ANCC certification in Nursing Continuing Education/Staff development preferred. BLS certification issued through American Heart Association required. BLS instructor certification highly recommended.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels within an organization
- Oral and written presentation skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and respond to educational needs
- Ability to establish performance objectives, track and report outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with accountability for deadlines
- Ability to develop and managing operating budgets
- Ability to develop effective professional relationships, including relationships with external entities
- Minimum of three years’ (3) experience as a clinical educator in a health care system required.
- Managerial experiencepreferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Reports to : Executive Director of Nursing
Supervises : Clinical Educators and support staff. Matrix responsibility to clinical educators in other departments (i.e. surgical services and medical group).
Job Type: Full-time
- Santa Fe, NM
- RN Clinical Educator in a hospital setting: 3years
Required licenses or certifications:
- ANCC Certification
- Registered Nurse