PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Primarily responsible for building FMCNA’s image and brand association as a credible clinical leader through clinical engagement activities. Utilizes wide-ranging experience to act as a subject matter expert to provide the organization with clinical insights that improve the ability to meet emerging customer needs. Provides high level clinical and product education and expertise on dialysis products. Acts as a resource to clinical staff on the proper use of assigned equipment/products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the organization with high level clinical expertise and insight that improves the ability to meet emerging customer needs. Utilizes wide-ranging experience and uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Acts as a resource to clinical staff on the proper use of assigned equipment/products.
- Provides up-to-date information on assigned product(s) to dialysis staff.
- Presents formal educational programs related to, but not limited to: dialysis concepts, complications, troubleshooting of various products and equipment, machine function, best demonstrated clinical practices, and optimization of clinical outcomes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and serves as a liaison between Clinical Support and Product Management to provide valuable feedback and input on product improvement and future enhancement features.
- Works with Field Sales to foster and grow new business by presenting product line features to evaluation accounts.
- Identifies clinical needs of assigned territory and communicates to applicable sales management.
- Keeps abreast of current accepted clinical practices and maintains knowledge base through professional training.
- May provide after-hours support to clinical staff and responds to clinical questions within accepted company guidelines.
- May provide clinical support for on-call periods.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Networks with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- May be responsible for training new hire Clinical Support staff, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands and work environments may vary within each dialysis customer setting and geographical location.
- May be required to wear standard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May be required to lift/transport dialysis supplies/equipment.
- Travelrequired throughout assigned territory. Overnight travel may be necessary.
BachelorDegree in Nursing required; CDN or CNN certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 – 12years of experience in nephrology nursing/hemodialysis in a clinical, laboratory, and/or research setting required; or a Master’s Degree with 6 years of experience.
- Must have a credible reputation and technically-relevant clinical skills to engage with other clinical professionals.
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, particularly adept at presentations and public speaking.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines as needed.
- Required to have clinical experience in nephrology with past experience in training dialysis professionals and/or patients on the principles of dialysis and hemodialysis machines.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, build valuable and lasting relationships, exercise discretion, and use independent judgment in all interactions internal and especially external to FMCNA.
- Must be capable of identifying, adapting to, and advising FMCNA of important and emerging trends in the ESRD environment.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach complex concepts in a simple, concise manner to all levels of healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate mastery of product and therapy aspects important to assist in the widespread deployment and successful use of sorbent dialysis and FMCNA products.
- Must possess and display strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of people, particularly thought-leaders and influencers in the renal space.
Job ID 18000ELV