Clinical Education Director
Shape your future
The Director of Clinical Education will be responsible for all aspects of the professional education efforts for our orthopedic and minimally invasive product lines. In this role, this leader will formulate our professional education strategic plan by working with the company’s various marketing departments and divisions to identify and respond to educational trends and the shifting needs of customers.
CONMED is a leader in medical technology. We empower healthcare providers worldwide to deliver exceptional outcomes for patients. If you are committed to making a difference and delivering exceptional results, you'll find a group of people here that shares your passion for meaningful work. You'll be supported by a leadership team that promotes engagement through professional development, new challenges and growth opportunities over the course of your career. Come inspire us through your dedication, creativity and exceptional performance - we will do the same for you!
• Formulate our professional education strategic plan. Work with the company’s various marketing departments/divisions to determine current and future opportunities. Identify and respond to educational trends and the shifting needs of customers
• Create and execute the annual operating plan/budget. Efficient and timely execution of the plan.
• Lead the assessment of granting activities. Create a process to drive timely granting decisions with senior management. Effectively and tactfully communicate decisions, especially those unpopular.
• Knowledge of and adherence to all sunshine act and compliance requirements for agreements. All activity completed in a well-documented and compliant manner. Prepare materials for the compliance committee.
• Assessment of the success and failure of educational activities in driving safe and effective use company products. Continuously improve all educational activities.
• Manage the educational content for key industry events and conventions. Create, recommend, and execute content that drives safe and effective use. Maintain productive relationships with key societies.
• Work closely with the global directors of sales training team to create/execute content for a highly-effective sales team
• Effectively manage and lead the clinical education team. Right people in the right roles. Strong development plans and performance management feedback.
• Manage contracting of surgeon design teams to drive innovation.
• Self-starter, relationship builder, ability to tactfully deliver bad news, organizational courage, process creator, and a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo.
• Not willing to compromise when it comes to adherence to external policies and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses educational program effectiveness in driving safe and effective use of our products. Continuously improves programs based on feedback. Drives innovative ways to deliver programs more effectively, efficiently, timely.
2. Creation of the professional education 5-year strategic plan and annual operating plan.
3. Create, manage, and execute the annual PE budget.
4. Direct facility management team in maintaining property
5. Adherence to all regulatory and compliance guidelines in all educational activities (Global, OSHA, Federal, State, Local)
6. Owner of the granting decision process. Drives timely decisions. Communicates outcomes productively.
7. Management of convention/society educational events and content
8. Provide leadership, direction, goal setting, performance evaluation for the professional education team.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Leave your footprint
• Must have strong clinical knowledge and experience with professional education in a medical setting
• Minimum 5 years of experience developing and delivering clinical training
• Knowledge of and experience with regulatory requirements related to clinical education
• Knowledge of orthopedics and general surgery preferred
• Experience as a med device sales rep preferred
• Experience effectively leading a team of 4 to 6 professionals
• Strategic. Self-starter. Creative. Data-driven.
Be rewarded CONMED offers competitive compensation
Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
Short & long term disability plus life insurance – cost paid fully by CONMED
Retirement Savings Plan (401K) – company match dollar for dollar up to 7%
Employee stock purchase plan – allows stock purchases at discounted price
Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses