ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Clinical Director team drives success and engagement for all orthodontists in their respective markets by working locally to build relationships, support them in serving their patients, and above all ensuring we are providing exceptional patient experiences, clinical outcomes, and a great environment for our team.
This role will be responsible for leading, developing, and managing the growing team of orthodontists in each market. You will be responsible for shaping the clinical culture, driving both clinical and business results, as well as implementing strategies that enhance patient care and practice growth. You are an entrepreneurial minded leader who thrives in a fast-paced technology focused orthodontic group practice. You bring a positive, teachable, and innovative attitude to all that you do.
HOW YOU’LL HAVE IMPACT:
- Leading and managing the local clinical team for a geographical area (market), including ensuring alignment on overall vision, execution, and engagement across the team
- Interviewing, onboarding, training and performance managing the local doctor team to ensure clinical team is 1) aligned and following clinical protocols (clinical outcomes) and 2) effectively starting patients (sales conversion), and 3) engaged (retention, satisfaction)
- Providing coaching and feedback to doctor team in market in order to achieve quality of care and patient satisfaction metrics
- Maintaining 3-4 clinical days per week and 1-2 admin days a week, depending on the market size, including covering as needed for clinical PTO across the team
- Management of doctor schedules, review and communication of production tracking and performance analysis, and other administrative tasks to managing your territory to achieve results
- Partnering with peer clinical directors to calibrate, establish and improve treatment protocols to ensure consistent, evidence based clinical treatment across the clinical team
- Partnering with recruiting to attract and qualify top physicians to bring onto team
- Partnering with operations market manager to ensure clinics are run to a high standard.
- Providing feedback and improvements to the Treatment Planning team to ensure treatment plans meet clinical quality standards
- Collaborating to improv clinical performance metrics that are aligned with clinical operations to ensure a high standard of clinical care is met as measured by minimizing number of in person visits and following treatment plan expectations, with a preference to treating with aligners where possible.
- Acting as primary contact for general dentist partners in market
- Serving as an escalation point for clinical concerns and questions for internal UT teams and external specialists and general dentists and their teams.
- Building a strong community in market that uplifts UT’s values
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally to create common knowledge and generate buy-in and influence towards recommended decisions
- Exceptional communication: Ability to effectively articulate ideas to both clinical and non-clinical audiences. Actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Deeply passionate about charting the future of Orthodontics care
- Strong managerial experience with ability to roll up sleeves to get directly involved in the work. You can easily transition from the work at hand to strategic, long-term thinking.