Clinical Director - Substance Abuse Industry
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
***Have to be licensed for at least 2 years***
Department: Clinical Care
Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Status: Full Time
The Clinical Director reports to the Executive Director and works in collaboration with all departments (Executive/Administrative, Utilization, Admissions, Operations and Client Services) to ensure Client Care is well maintained throughout the Company. This position is held accountable for quality treatment services to be delivered; meeting and exceeding standards set by the Company, licensing/certifying and accrediting entities
- Oversees clinical programming for Detox, RTC, PHP, and IOP level of care including creating and managing group schedules, providing group curriculum, implementing and enforcing program guidelines and policies, and ensuring clinical staff adheres to company standards of care.
- Facilitates Treatment Team weekly meeting to ensure client care meets ethical standards of care.
- Responsible for crisis management and crisis intervention with clients including stabilization and de-escalation and training of clinical staff in crisis management techniques.
- Provide individual and group supervision and training for case managers, MFT interns,licensed clinicians, and licensed clinical social workers, in a manner which reflects company’s policies and procedures on supervision.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of clinical team through consistent communication with staff that is supportive of roles and responsibilities.
- Provides training and ongoing review of clinical documentation to ensure compliance with legal and ethical guidelines and that it meets medical necessity for insurance reimbursement.
- Demonstrates organizational compliance with all appropriate professional standards, licensing and certification requirements, and the respective conditions for the delivery of behavioral health care programming and clinical services.
- Monitors client census and therapist assignments and makes necessary assignments/adjustments in clinician caseloads in a manner that supports equal distribution of workloads.
- Covers/delegates the job duties for clinicians in the event of a planned or unplanned absence in clinical staff in a manner which allows for the least amount of interruption of clinical services.
- Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, selection, and separation of clinical staff in accordance with all state and federal hiring/separation guidelines.
- Promotes practices with supervised staff that recognize a cultural context exists within all relationships and encourages exploration of cultural biases and stereotypes that may impact the treatment environment.
- Ensures that clinical practices are conducted in a manner that strictly adhere to the organizational and state code of ethics, and takes immediate action in the event of an ethics violation, according to company policy and procedure.
- Provides requiredorientation and training upon hire for clinical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be available by phone in the evenings to provide operational and clinical crisis intervention support and direction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree (M. A. / M. S.) from four-year college or university
- Licensed MFT, LCSW or Psychologist; must be in good standing and licensed at least 2years
- Completion of Current Supervisor CEU certification; renewed every 2years
- 2+ years management experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 2years
- Licensed: 2years
Required license or certification:
- MFT, LCSW or Psychologist