The Clinical Director provides direct supervision over our 18 bed combined ICU/IMC as well as our internal Float Pool team. The ICU is a two-time Beacon award winning unit in a growing community Magnet hospital. We are a Gold Plus Stroke Center and a Level 3 Trauma center that plans to expand our critical care services in the next 2 years.
The Clinical Director supports Inova's mission and strategic plans by managing a nursing unit with 24-hour responsibility. Responsible for the unit's budget and full-time equivalent employees (FTEs). Provides input to budget development and attainment of fiscal goals. Ensures unit compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and TJC standards. Reports to a Senior Director or higher level. Demonstrates leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies. Manages clinical and non-clinical staff, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations, and staff development. Serves as primary liaison and information resource for unit. Oversees the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic, evidence-based environment which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes. Utilizes the quality process and best practices to improve clinical operation of the unit. Utilizes TJC standards and nursing practice tools and research to support a care delivery system that produces quality care with optimal outcomes. Incorporates data and information to continually improve operations.
Requirements Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
• Progressive experience in nursing leadership (1 year of leadership experience and 2 years of acute care nursing experience).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
• BLS Certification.
• ACLS Certification (if needed for unit specified)
• Licensed or eligible for licensing in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse. Proof required within 30 days of hire.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Proven leadership skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment. Demonstrates professionalism.
• Customer-focused, with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain partnerships.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to prioritize effectively.
• Able to serve as a mentor and a resource to other RNs.
• 3-5 years first-line leadership experience.
• Master’s degree in Nursing, or evidence of pursuing same on a continuing basis.
• Specialty Certification in area related to unit's clinical scope, or in Nursing Administration within one year of hire.
Job ID 33740BR