New York, NY
Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
Less than 5 years
Posted 37 days ago
The Clinic Director works to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services at Housing Works' Downtown Brooklyn Health Center. This role oversees the site support staff team and provides proper training and resources as needed. Day to day oversight includes ensuring compliance with patient registration and scheduling systems, managing retention in care efforts, guiding the provision of case management services, and ensuring high customer service standards are met across the entire team at all times.
In collaboration with the Medical Director, the Clinic Director works with the site primary care providers to ensure that proper support is provided, and that various performance standards, including productivity measures are met.
Bachelor's degree preferred in field related to at least one of the following: Healthcare Management, Business Administration, Financial Management. At least 2 years of program operations experience, ideally including experience in program planning, supervision and management, data collection and analysis, least 2 years of mid-level administration ideally in a medical setting, also required. Experience working with a Community Health Center setting is highly preferred.
1. With the Program Director, plans and administers all of the social work and case management services of the ADHC program.
2. Responsible for the development and ongoing monitoring of the psychosocial components of program services including: supportive counseling, peer support in individual and group settings, and crisis intervention services.
3. Directly supervises Senior Counselor, Psychiatric Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker.
4. Coordinates and directly oversees all case management services including case distribution and reviews of case records.
5. Develops, maintains, and educates other staff members about recordkeeping policies that in sure comprehensive client care and that meet the guidelines of regulatory agencies.
6. Participates in the Quality Assurance Committee and thereby ensures, by regular monitoring, that client chart documentation is in accordance with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
7. Reviews all monthly progress notes to ensure that client care is well coordinated and in accord with comprehensive case plan goals.
8. Responsible for the development of curricula for all group services and overseeing the quality of group facilitation. Facilitates educational and psychosocial support groups for clients.
9. Participates in interdisciplinary care planning sessions with particular role of ensuring that goals and interventions are truly comprehensive and interdisciplinary.
10. Maintains client caseload for the purpose of coordinating case both within the program and with outside case management providers.
11. Monitors discharges from the program.
12. In coordination with the Program Director, designs and implements procedures to measure the program's productivity and effectiveness.
13. Develops and implements procedures for communicating to all pertinent information concerning significant changes in the client's status to the interdisciplinary team via morning rounds or other means.
14. Coordinates crisis intervention training and planning for staff. Actively participates in the development and provision of inservice training.
15. Assists the Program Director in maintaining confidentiality, ethics and professional conduct throughout the program.
16. Regularly reviews the program schedule and works with the staff to modify and reflect the changing needs of the clients.
17. Develops a 24hour on call schedule.
18. Supports and participates in advocacy efforts to end the twin crises of homelessness and AIDS.
19. Performs other duties as required by the Program Director or designee.
Supports and participates in advocacy efforts to end the twin crises of homelessness and AIDS.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.