- Under the supervision of the Regional Director, oversees operations of the units in a facility with four or more units. Ensures that units are properly administered and that good relations are maintained with the local community, referral sources and other contacts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Staff Supervision: Effectively uses supervisory skills to evaluate, counsel and train staff. Uses clinical staffings and team meetings to coordinate services.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: Identifies opportunities for program improvement, uses appropriate improvement tools and techniques to address potential quality issues within the facility and participate in quality improvement initiatives/activities.
- Public Relations: Interacts with other agencies, governmental bodies, communities and professionals to present a positive image of him/herself, the facility and the corporation.
- Communication: Effectively uses written, verbal and non-verbal communication to express ideas to subordinates, other employees, referral sources and delegates responsibilities in a clear matter.
- Leadership and Team Building: Creates a positive and productive work environment for staff through management of facility goals, assessment of performance and feedback.
- Clinical Supervision: Utilizes individual and group supervision to enhance patient care and staff development and develops individualized staff development plans based upon staff skill level.
- Coordination and Administration: Ensures that all departments work effectively and cooperatively to provide a smooth continuum of services, monitors environment of care and maintains compliance with relevant licensure, accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Budget Management: Plans, develops and monitors financial forecast relating to revenue and expenditures for the facility throughout the fiscal year.
- Human Resources Management: Selects personnel appropriately, conducts staff orientation to program policies and procedures and understands and practices progressive discipline.
- Crisis Management: Identifies potential conflicts and implements crisis intervention techniques to prevent or intervene in potential crisis situations.
- Documentation and writing: Reviews documents to ensure that clinically appropriate professional terminology to complete forms and records is used, accurate and timely documentation of patient assessment, planning and progress; maintains knowledge of laws and regulations surrounding confidentiality of alcohol and drug patient’s charts.
- Ethics and Boundaries: Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries between self, staff, patients and collaterals and identifies issues related to ethics and boundaries as identified in the Code of Ethics policy.
- Time Management: Identifies tasks to be completed in order of highest to lowest priority and behaviors that will not interfere with the ability to complete assignments.
- Team Orientation and Cooperative Working Relationships: Promotes teamwork through collective effort and works cooperatively with team members.
- Professional development: Maintains appropriate credentials and pursues internal and/or external training and development opportunities.
- Special Population Competency: Identifies and integrates knowledge of treatment for specific groups.
Performs other duties as required.
- Master of Arts/Science Degree in addictions, social work, psychology or human services related discipline; plus four years experience in a managerial position. Experience working with the populations of the hiring facility preferred.
- ILLINOIS STATE REQUIREMENT - Must Have ILLINOIS LCPC or LCSW.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correction or detention facility.
- Must have strong leadership ability, sound judgment, and effective administrative ability. Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of the objectives and principles of career development and advancement programs. Clearly demonstrates the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others.