The Clinical Director at Lucida Treatment Center provides oversight of all clinical activities of the facility, addressing treatment, recovery relapse prevention, and continuing care for dually diagnosed populations. Oversight includes program development and implementation, training, hiring and supervision of clinicians. This position also develops and implements plans for enhancing productivity, compliance and profitability. The Clinical Director provides oversight of compliance with contractual and government guidelines, as well as clinical best practices, for all Lucida's therapeutic activities.
- Responsible for clinical activities at primary care residential and extended care facility.
- Coordinates assessment as to clinical appropriateness for all questionable admissions, transfers, administrative, and therapeutic discharges.
- Provides clinical support, as needed, to admission team for the timely completion of the initial clinical evaluations of new admissions and insurance pre-certifications when needed
- Provides weekly or as needed clinical supervision of residential therapists, rehabilitation technician, group facilitators, and trainees as indicated by educational institutions and licensing boards.
- Assess clinical needs of therapists and rehabilitation techs helping the Director to coordinate in-service trainings.
- Provides case management to a maximum of 4 clients at any given time and is on-call for program emergencies and consultation (weekly and alternate weekends)
- Facilitates comprehensive Biopsychsocial assessment evaluation and diagnostic summary for assigned clients
- Supervises and coordinates development of comprehensive treatment plans and treatment plan updates for all clients.
- Ensures that client aftercare plans include all necessary referrals and recommendations according to protocols
- Attends daily clinical team meeting and participates in weekly case conference meeting.
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary treatment planning and weekly treatment plan review updates for assigned clients (ensures inclusion of all treatment modalities/ disciplines)
- Participates in Quality Improvement task groups (as assigned)
- Facilitates ancillary services/community referrals for assigned clients (including coordination of transportation with Residential Administrator). Facilitates/approves any client passes
- Masters' Degree in psychology, social work, nursing or related discipline.
- State licensed (MFCC, LCSW or Ph.D.)
- Minimum of three (3) supervisory or management experience in a mental health, clinical or hospital setting.
- Five to ten years of clinical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead team with use and understanding of a variety of models and theories of addiction, recovery, mental illness and related issues.
- Ability to implement understanding of diagnostic criteria for dual conditions and ability to conceptualize modalities and criteria within continuum of care
- Ability to implement understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues.