In this mid-level management position and under direct supervision of the Administrator, the Clinical Director provides leadership, coordination and clinical supervision to multidisciplinary team(s) and/or program(s). Assists Administrator with quality improvement duties.
- Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Administrator, acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care.
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls clinical services and responsible for administrative functioning of clinical services departments.
- Continually communicates with community partners and customers to ensure the continuity of care for persons served.
- Ensures program functions smoothly within the larger behavioral health system by building and maintaining relationships with community partners.
- Oversees documentation by clinical staff and performs audits of Clinical Charts to ensure adherence to State and County Requirements.
- Establishes and maintains a recovery culture and philosophy within the program.
- Promotes and maintains good relationships and communication between departments.
- Aids in creating policies and procedures that address clinical quality and risk.
- Completes incident investigations and summaries for regulatory agencies, as necessary.
- Responsible for regular supervision and evaluations of assigned staff.
- Ensures high quality services are being provided to all persons served.
- Assures facility/program honors the rights of persons served.
- Collaborates with other staff in implementation of corporate initiatives, and other services, as needed.
- Available to assist at other Telecare facilities (consult) as needed.
- Ensures treatment adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Ensures complete and accurate records on interventions and consumer behaviors.
- Provides individual/group education and training.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to contribute to policy and procedure development in a matter that addresses clinical quality and risk.
- Understanding of local system of care and how the program fits within it.
- Ability to maintain customer and community partner relations.
- Familiarity with a variety of evidence based practices appropriate to population served.