Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
Develops and executes evidenced based clinical strategies that address the healthcare needs of HCA’s behavioral health population along the continuum of care. Responsible for aligning behavioral health programs with HCA’s Clinical Services and Behavioral Health Services (BHS) strategic agendas. Works collaboratively with other corporate and division leaders to advance HCA’s clinical agenda related to behavioral health care. Assists CSG AVP in providing expert clinical support for corporate departments, division leaders and hospital representatives to develop and implement behavioral health programs that promote safe, effective, efficient and compassionate behavioral health care. Participates in the Behavioral Health Services Quality Council.
Approximately 50% travel.
Position based in assigned Division. Must live in assigned Division.
1. Division based aligning with the BHS Regional VP and in collaboration with the DCMO, DVPQ, and DCNE, develops a division strategy for the design and deployment of evidence-based programs for Behavioral Health Services.
2. Facilitates in the planning and implementation of Behavioral Health quality and safety programs, national standards and evidence-based guidelines.
3. Analyzes and interprets clinical data to develop focused, long-term and short-term strategies for improving Behavioral Health clinical outcomes to facility Behavioral Health leadership.
4. Communicates operational and technical improvements regarding HBIPS core measures, Behavioral Health Emergency Team (BERT) implementation, safety initiatives, age-specific programs, and regulatory changes to behavioral health facility leaders as information becomes available.
5. In partnership with the Regional VP and in collaboration with Division and facility leadership, supports operations (managed programs as well as non-managed programs) related to service growth and productivity, including but not limited to: staffing, expansion of services, consolidations of services, selection of clinical products and devices, evaluation of costs and clinical outcomes.
6. Provides oversight to ensure implementation of recommendations for behavioral health processes and programs resulting from outcomes and issues pertaining to service line goals.
7. Continuously evaluates new patient care clinical technologies, recommends, and supports adoption.
8. Maintains professional and ethical relationships with HCA vendors participating in educational programs.
9. Leads development and deployment of performance improvement activities that provide exceptional behavioral health care.
10. Directly reports to AVP Behavioral Health Services, CSG with a dotted line relationship with the Regional VP Behavioral Health Services.
? 7 years’ experience as a clinician with experience in behavioral health services required
? Progressive management experience in an inpatient hospital setting required
? Multi-system and/or healthcare consulting a plus
Master’s degreerequired. Clinical licensure required.
Previous experience with clinical perform