The IHC Clinical Director of Quality (CDQ) will work with the Medical Director of Quality (MDQ) to support the quality, safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the medical care provided by IHC practice members. The CDQ serves as the lead clinical support for the MDQ and for practice members, office managers and clinical staff and is the manager of the care coordinators and other members of the quality team within IHC.
The CDQ is accountable for and provides professional leadership and direction to the utilization/cost management and clinical quality management functions of the Network. He/she works collaboratively with Aultman Health Foundation (AHF) and other participating hospital functions that interface with the Network medical management such as case management and care coordination programs. The CDQ also assists the IHC management team in short- and long-range program planning, total quality management and external relationships. He/she is jointly accountable with the MDQ for the reporting of the scorecard metrics to the Board, Performance Improvement and Quality Committee (PIQ), and the physician members of IHC.
The CDQ is responsible and accountable, with the MDQ, to the IHC President for helping to manage Network medical costs and assuring appropriate health care delivery for IHC's contracts and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Oversees and directs the functions and personnel within the Clinical Quality Department of IHC.
- Supports the PIQ Committee.
- Participates in the design and implementation of IHC policies and goals and objectives related to clinical care and cost efficiency.
- In collaboration with the MDQ, the PIQ Committee and the PIQ Chair, leads the IHC in developing a scorecard of relevant metrics and goals to improve the health of the community at the lowest cost. The scorecard metrics and goals will be reviewed by the Board on a quarterly basis and updated annually.
- Assists the PIQ Committee in creating and maintaining a system that gives feedback to providers individually and collectively regarding managed care effectiveness.
- Collaborates with the MDQ, Board, PIQ Committee and the IHC President in creating and maintaining programs that incentivize providers to achieve selected utilization/cost and quality outcomes.
- Participates in policy review, performs analysis and makes recommendations related to clinical and efficiency improvements.
- Keeps current on national standards and innovations in clinical care. Performs and oversees training and education of professional staff in the Clinical Quality Department of IHC.
- Participates in IHC risk management, pharmacy utilization management, outreach programs, HEDIS reporting, provider orientation.
- Assists the Primary Care Collaborative and the primary care leadership in Patient-Centered Medical Home certification activities; assists practices in preparing for site visits
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience in population health management, case management, care coordination, outpatient services, or community health
- Training or experience in quality management, utilization management, or process improvement preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians, clinical staff, and administrators
- Strong ability to interact with physicians and office staff through verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data
- Preference for experience in project management
- Preference for experience in outpatient setting, especially primary care
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in or high level of comfort in learning web-based applications
- Knowledge of health information technology and EHR systems
- Travel required: must have access to an automobile and maintain a current motor vehicle license