OU-Tulsa's OB/ GYN Administration Department announces an opening for a Clinical Department Business Manager. This position is responsible for business management activities under the direction of the clinical business administrator; and performs the representative duties in a secondary accountability capacity to the clinical business administrator.
1. Fiscal Operations. May assist or directly manage the general accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, financial planning and reporting, approval of expenditures, etc.
2. Contract & Grants. May assist or directly coordinates development of various contracts for receiving and providing services. This includes: assisting Chairman in the preparation and negotiation of departmental contracts; assisting the faculty in preparing budgets for research grants, contracts, and requests; and alerting the Chairman and faculty to income alternatives and opportunities.
3. Human Resources Operations. Assists in managing the activities and performance of the department’s non-faculty staff. Ensures the department’s human resources according to University policies and guidelines.
5. Information Technology. Assists the administrator with the department’s IT operations and services; coordinates IT-related activities with central IT services and other departments and colleges as appropriate.
6. Clinical Services, billing, and collections. Assists with billing, collections, and tracking accounts payable/receivable functions for the department.
7. Quality Assurance. Assists in the development of outcomes based quality assurance (HIPAA) programs.
8. Development. May be involved in development activities of the department and/or college such as marketing, fund raising events, etc.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or closely related field. Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree.
Required Experience: 60 months (5 years) of progressively more responsible experience in business administration activities such as accounting, budgeting, finance, grants and contracts, billing, IT operations, human resources, etc. This must include supervisory experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:-This position requires detailed knowledge of budget preparation, cash flow forecasting, and monthly cash flow.-Must be able to prepare monthly reconciliation of all financial accounts. -Must be able to maintain an electronic calendar system for multiple faculty members.
-Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Office, Outlook, and Excel.
-Must have the ability to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer.
-Must be able to work independently, multi-task and work under time deadlines.
-Must be able to coordinate the work of others in a challenging and busy administrative setting.
-Excellent customer service skills and must be able to work successfully in a team situation with a diverse group of faculty and other staff.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Standard administrative office environment and exposure, including frequent keyboarding. Up to 15% of this position will require mobility
(moving from one room or building to another; etc.)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance or closely related field.
Department managerial experience in an academic medical environment.