Precision for Medicine is not your typical CRO. As a member of our fast-growing team, we have excellent opportunities for you to work with leading subject matter experts, who understand the oncology and rare disease patient mindset. We help translate science into success for oncology and rare disease patients with a targeted, patient-centric approach over a wide geographic area. We are specialists who tackle unusual problems in our detailed approach throughout every phase. From the beginning, we have nurtured a culture where patients’ needs and the needs of our valued clients come first. We focus in an environment where the quality of our work is the best, and where our employees can thrive, while still having fun and giving back to the patient community.
Clinical Database Programmer (II, Senior or Principal) design, develop, test, implement, maintain and support clinical trials databases and applications.
Responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of clinical databases and applications under some supervision. Position will interface directly with the internal team (i.e. Data Management, Project Management, etc.), EDC vendor, clients and third-party vendors to gather requirements and provide status updates. Provides operational and technical training to end users and junior staff. The Clinical Database Programmer may be involved in internal software projects that require specialized programming and/or scripting.
A glimpse of what your day-to-day will look like:
- You will interface directly with our internal team (i.e. Data Management, Project Management, etc.), and EDC vendor, clients and third-party vendor to capture requirements and provide status updates.
- You will provide operational and technical training to end users and our colleagues
- You will play a lead role or support internal software projects that require specialized programming and/or scripting.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Maintains responsibility of assigned projects. Ensures on-time delivery, communicates the status of projects to internal teams and study
- Provides input and guidance to the design of clinical databases to the client and internal teams
- Builds and supports clinical databases
- Develops, tests, and validates programs and clinical database to support client-related projects and third-party applications.
- May provide system administration and advanced technical support services for internally developed applications and clinical databases, client-related projects and third-party applications
- Troubleshoots and resolves software and clinical database problems
- Develops and maintains study-specific validation documents
- May provide data management support for client-related projects from CRF design to post database close and archival
- May design, develop and validate the Company’s internal applications, client-related projects and third-party applications.
- Participate in software vendor selection
- Participate in conducting EDC demonstrations and trainings
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and corresponding process documentation related to data management and database management activities
- Provide leadership for cross-functional and organization-wide initiatives, where applicable
- Trains and ensures that all data management project team members have been sufficiently trained
- Communicate with study sponsors, vendors and project teams as needed regarding data, database or other relevant project issues
- Present software demonstrations/trainings, department/company training sessions, present at project meetings
- May require some travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree and or a combination of related experience
- Must have extensive experience in Oracle Inform development
- Principal's will have 12 years’ or more experience, Seniors will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience and Clinical Database Programmer II will have 3 years+ experience in developing, and customizing clinical data management databases in a clinical, scientific or healthcare discipline or proven aptitude in the key skills for the role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Able to handle a variety of clinical research tasks
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language to enable communication across Precision for Medicine and with clients
- Understanding of CDISC standards (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM, etc.…)
- Ability to undertake occasional travel
- Experience in utilizing various clinical database management systems
- Experience in clinical database management system development.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (C#, C++, VBS, etc.…), scripting language (PERL, etc..), SAS, R, SQL
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC