The Department of Bioinformatics at Gilead is seeking a highly motivated clinical data scientist to lead clinical data analysis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to support clinical development programs with a focus on developing predictive models on complex high-dimensional clinical data to support clinical development programs in various disease areas, including liver disease, virology, inflammatory disease, and oncology.
• Working with internal colleagues to design and execute data analysis plans, and to summarize the actionable findings to support both exploratory research and new drug application activities.
• Curate and analyze complex clinical data, including but not limited to genomic data, protein assay data, cytokine, and chemokine data from patient samples, and develop novel predictive models using statistical techniques and machine learning to support patient stratification and biomarker selection in clinical trials.
• Develop and validate the analysis workflow, software applications, and data warehouse to improve visualization, integration, and accessibility of complex clinical data.
• Serve as an internal expert in machine learning, predictive modeling, and quantitative data analysis.
• Designs, develops, and implements methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse data sets including structured and unstructured.
• Develops software programs, algorithms, dashboards, information tools, and queries to clean, model, integrate and evaluate datasets.
• Keeps abreast of new analytic methodologies and technologies. Collaborates with functional business units to drive business solutions and direction.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, genomics, computer science or a related field with strong hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modeling or a master degree with 3+ years of work experience in the related field.
• Extensive experience in machine learning, predictive modeling or deep learning is required.
• Strategic thinker and outstanding team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of biology in virology, liver disease, inflammation disease, and oncology is a plus.
• Demonstrated track record producing models and actionable insights using advanced statistical methods.
• Experience working with large data sets using distributed computing tools.
$80K - $85K