We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Research (Non-Faculty Only)Organization:
Jackson Medical MallJob Title:
Clinical Data Manager - Information Sciences - FTJob Summary:
Responsible for the design, implementation, and interpretation of data for clinical data projects. Directs others in the analysis, instrument design and data management of large data sets in addition to providing data support for administrative operations support and non-clinical data issues. Assumes responsibility as technical consultant to faculty members and other center staff and develops, modifies and manages necessary relational databases, maintains data accuracy and quality and ensures data integrity by providing necessary advice and reports. Develops, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring data base integrity and security.Education & Experience
Master's degree in computer science, information systems, biostatistics or related field with at two years of experience with practical clinical data management research experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Certified clinical data manager or clinical research professional preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of SQL, crystal reports and other report generating tools for preparing summary reports. Familiarity with relational database design and maintenance in Microsoft access, oracle, redcap or other database development tools. Knowledge of data integrity protocols and techniques. Expert skill with statistical analysis tools including SAS, SPSS and STATA in preparing quality control reports. Ability to interpret statistical models. Ability to perform database management duties including quality control reporting. Ability to understand relational databases. Ability to train, motivate, and supervise employees.
- Autonomously manages data from a variety of inputs including clinical field data collectors and operational or administrative data instruments. Addresses data base integration issues. Adheres to all data transmission guidelines and meets study data deliverables.
- Reviews and contributes to study protocol development and ensures appropriate reports are generated to communicate data quality issues with leaders of each component of the study.
- Prepares statistical and data management plans as required to ensure proper flow of data from the field data collection to submission of quality controlled data to the study program office.
- Designs, establishes and maintains data quality assurance goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements standards, policies and procedures for data management and quality assurance. Ensures compliance for all database platforms and related systems. Responsible for the implementation of quality, efficiency and consistency in data management tasks.
- Provides technical leadership in the investigation, analysis and resolution of data base problems. Participates with study team and other research centers to identify new opportunities to satisfy research needs.
- Conducts work activities in compliance with all relevant university policies as well as FISMA regulations. Fosters and environment of heightened security following information technology security policies instituted by the university and the relevant study guidelines and participates in security training to ensure protocol adherence to both HIPAA and FISMA regulations.
- Determine appropriate data handling techniques and information technology needs for study protocols and coordinate the resources needed to meet study specifications.
- Conducts training of study site personnel in data quality assurance, edit check specifications and data classification processes.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, constant sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Full timeFLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Benefits EligibleJob Posting Date:
12/10/2020Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):