Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with sales, account management, and product in visualizing, articulating, and implementing the reporting strategy for the customer and/or internal business stakeholder
- Proactively partner with sales representatives, account management teams and business unit partners to assess customer needs and to implement reporting & analytic solutions that meet those needs
- Apply market and subject matter expertise to analysis process and presentations to articulate value, to drive customer retention and growth.
- Effectively interpret data into actionable information; provide proactive investigation into unusual results and explore opportunities for improvement through plan design enhancements, clinical program adoption, or engagement strategies
- Perform and understand statistical analysis
- Ensure customer reporting and analytic objectives and delivery of consultative services exceed customer expectations
- Proactively manage high level, complex client reporting issues, researching and resolving issues quickly and efficiently
- Develop and maintain creative and consistently effective value based analysis and reporting package materials
- Seek out opportunities to leverage standard and/or ad-hoc reporting and analysis to review past experience and define customer-specific clinical opportunities to influence health benefit costs and cost drivers.
- Participate in and/or lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of analytical reports that meet the needs of the customer.
- Create and deliver presentations for prospects or existing accounts regarding client reporting and other reporting products as necessary
- B.S. in a business related field or equivalent work experience required. (Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for every year of college requested).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data analysis in a clinical, managed care, or healthcare environment or similar area required.
- 5 or more years of health care business experience with a demonstrated track record developing and delivering customer focused presentations and strategies that lead to solid customer partnerships and increased sales and retention preferred.
- The incumbent should have a demonstrated understanding of clinical trends and technology developments that affect healthcare benefits and costs and the ability to translate client specific strategic goals into specific actions through the use of information.
- The incumbent should demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products is important.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work within tight deadlines and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- In addition, organizational skills are important as this position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- SAS skills a strong plus.