Clinical Coordiantor (Registered Nurse) - PICU
We are looking for Clinical Coordiantor (Registered Nurse) - PICU for our client in Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Title: Clinical Coordiantor (Registered Nurse) - PICU
Job Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time night
- The Clinical Coordinator is an innovative and dynamic leader.
- He/She functions as expert clinician, consultant and support of clinical practice on and off the unit.
- In collaboration with the manager, medical staff and nursing staff, he/she monitors the clinical care of patients and provides clinical support to improve clinical care and outcomes.
- The Clinical Coordinator is a role model, patient advocate, leader, change agent and cost effective practitioner.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of nursing staff and ancillary staff on the unit, the coordinator is accountable and responsible for the delivery of quality patient care, staffing, staff education, staff performance evaluation, financial performance and resource management in collaboration with the Manager.
- The Clinical Coordinator provides clinical coordination of services, evaluating options and services to meet the individual health care needs of patients to promote quality outcomes consistent with regulations and established clinical best practices.
- The Clinical Coordinator fosters staffs? commitment to improving patient outcomes.
- The Coordinator will participate the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure high quality care while achieving short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the hospital, assuring standards of practice are followed, managing daily operations and patient flow, coordinating personnel, resources and equipment, promoting teamwork and professional staff development, and providing leadership and support to staff in absence of the Manager of Inpatient services
- The Clinical Coordinator functions as the daily charge nurse, and cares for patients as needed.
- He/She demonstrates the ability to work as part of the clinical team in dynamic.
Education and Experience Required/Preferred:
- Graduate of a Nursing program or equivalent (Associate's degreerequired, BSN preferred)
- Two years intensive care nursing experience, with preference for leadership experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in medical equipment relative to area of practice and assisting in procedures. Demonstrated critical attention to regulation, detail, and organizational skills.
Licensure and Certifications:
- Current certificate/state licensure as required for Registered Nurse.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current TB certificate or able to obtain upon hire.