Description: Drug Information Services (DIS) provides the evidence to allow the organization to practice evidence-based medicine, and promotes safe, effective, and affordable use of pharmaceuticals for the betterment of our members' health. The department acts as the overall resource for drug information for Kaiser Permanente. The DIS KP HealthConnect Ambulatory Clinical Content team incorporates the above goals by developing and maintaining clinical decision support for clinicians utilizing KP HealthConnect, our electronic medical record.
- Collaborate and develop medication content for KP Ambulatory HealthConnect tools for various stakeholders including but not limited to: SCAL medical group domains, DUM /DUAT initiatives, Specialty Drug initiatives.
- Support and promote adherence to Kaiser practice guidelines, SCPMG Regional P & T decisions, DUM/DUAT initiatives by creation of appropriate content.
- Support and develop medication content for KP HealthConnect Ambulatory Bar-Coded Medication Administration (AMB BCMA) application.
- Provide support to KP HealthConnect Ambulatory and AMB BCMA users with medication related issues.
- Comply with KP IT, Compliance, SOX and other requirements in proper documentation
- Assist in the department's Shortage, Recall, and Medication Safety process
- Collaborate KP Health Connect users in development of appropriate clinical content, support prescribers EMR medication needs, troubleshoot medication issues in production.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in drug strategy and development of appropriate clinical content.
- Collaborate with Regional Drug Use Mgmt, Physicians, and Pharmacy Clinical Services in the development of appropriate clinical content.
- Provide content to support Regional P & T Committee decisions and priorities.
- Support Pharmacy Operations with -related issues, workflows, and processes.
- Provides expertise in the creation, build and maintenance of all medication related clinical content for KP HealthConnect including outpatient and clinic administered meds while also ensuring that the content supports Formulary/Pharmacy & Therapeutics and Kaiser Permanente organizational priorities, clinical guidelines, shortages/recalls, and Drug Use Management initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison to Drug Use Management, Regional Decision Support Subcommittee,
- Assists in troubleshooting medication-related issues occurring in the Ambulatory setting.
- Requires at least 1 year of pharmacy residency or 3 years of clinical experience in a similar role
- Doctor of pharmacy degree (PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school/college of pharmacy
License, Certification, Registration
- A current California Pharmacist license upon start date of position
- Successful completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 clinical pharmacy residency or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, analytic, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated record of success in change and project management.
- Demonstrated credibility and record of success in working with physicians in multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to precept and mentor pharmacy students and PGY1 residents when applicable is highly desired
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively educate, advocate, and inform.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to properly prioritize multiple projects and activities to meet departmental goals, objectives, and the needs of multiple customers of the Drug Information Services department.
- Ability to adapt to meet work load demands as well as being proactive, resourceful, and efficient when tackling new tasks or responsibilities.
- Ability to understand electronic data processing, information storage and retrieval, and the general use of computers to effectively organize, communicate, present, document, and analyze information.
Job Number: 653587