The School invites applications for full-time, clinical track/tenure track Assistant Professor positions in the Department of Pharmacy Practice. Areas of specialty may include Cardiology, Critical Care, Neurology/Psychiatry, Ambulatory Care, and Oncology. These 12-month positions offer an exciting opportunity to be a member of a developing program that is innovative. A strong interest in research is required and support is provided with our unique mentoring program. The opportunity to collaborate with top faculty researchers in pharmaceutical sciences, health outcomes and administrative sciences, clinical pharmacy, and transdisciplinary scientists across the Binghamton University campus will help propel your own research. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a strong commitment to practice, scholarship and teaching.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other programs in the School to develop and deliver an integrated educational experience for students
- Provide evidence-based medicine and compassionate patient-centered care working with our community partners in your practice specialty
- Demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence in the provision of instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes in the pharmacotherapy series and other appropriate curriculum
- Facilitate student learning in the experiential education program through high quality precepting of pharmacy students.
- Develop and sustain scholarship in an area appropriate to clinical science
- Contribute service to the school, university, profession, and our community.
Applicants must have a PharmD degree, completed at least a PGY-1 residency or fellowship by August 2018, and be eligible for licensure in the State of New York. Prior experience as a faculty member at a school/college of pharmacy and at least of two years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting is desirable. Although the area of scholarly activity is open, scholarly goals must be appropriate to a Pharmacy Practice Department.