Clinical Applications Analyst II
Able to independently evaluate systems, analyze complex issues and problems, test data and assist customers in reaching resolution(s). Strong working knowledge of systems processes, operations, and core workflows. Strong understanding of customer requirements, system requirements, analysis and design, system build, implementation and training. Participates and leads testing of module updates, enhancements, custom programming and new releases. Provides ongoing maintenance and support for assigned applications with little to no assistance. Provides training for end users on new computer systems, application upgrades, and new functionality. Administer competencies following training sessions. Able to utilize current issue tracking software to document contact with customers and resolutions to issues. Will routinely manage IS related clinical and business projects with limited management oversight. Has report writing skills & the ability to define interface requirements.
- Independently researches and uses problem-solving and critical thinking skills to overcome challenges and resolve issues and problems
- Consistently works with management & technical resources from the IS department, individual departments & external vendors
- Works to lead administration, and patient care staff in the overall design, build, implementation, training and documentation of new systems
- Monitors ongoing operations and provides support of assigned applications, databases, and reports
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings and updates to ensure transparent communication
- 3-5 Years in an Analyst role in a healthcare or equivalent business setting
- Bachelor's Degree or have acquired equivalent experience (3-5 years)
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Information, Business Administration, other clinical discipline.
- Teaching, training and/or project management experience is a plus