Tempus, Inc. Is building a high-performing and experienced Clinical and Research Liaison (CRL) Team to support the commercial and educational objectives of the company. We are seeking field-based CRLs with strong clinical and scientific background in oncology and excellent communication skills to educate health care providers about Tempus offerings, address complex inquiries, facilitate research partnership opportunities, as well as develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in their respective regions. This position will report to the VP, Medical Affairs and will require approximately 50% travel. At this time we are considering candidates that are based in North West US.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Function as a regional expert with respect to Tempus test offerings, promoting exchange of clinical/scientific information with KOLs and other physicians in the field of oncology, as well as providing relationship roadmap strategy to develop selected KOLs into Tempus advocates;
- Facilitate education of broad healthcare provider community (KOLs, community physicians, medical directors and other HCPs) regarding Tempus oncology products via in-person or webinar-based presentations. This will include proactive and reactive communication of validated medical scientific data;
- Collaborate with Tempus Clinical and Research Sales Executives and Partnership Managers to provide prompt, accurate and comprehensive responses to complex medical/scientific inquiries;
- Collaborate with the Medical Affairs Team in organizing and leading regional and national medical advisory boards, identifying and managing investigator initiated studies, coordinating clinical studies, as well as publication planning and execution efforts;
- Contribute to development of accurate, comprehensive and competitive messaging appropriate for healthcare professionals in both clinical and research contexts, as well as market positioning of Tempus key offerings;
- Identify of educational opportunities to benefit Clinical and Research Sales Executives including
- development of educational presentations and training materials; comprehensive conference synopses and summaries of high impact publications;
- Continuously update internal stakeholders on relevant medical and scientific knowledge as well as proactively developing market intelligence on existing competitor products and products in development.
- Fundamental understanding of the field of oncology and related patient management algorithms;
- Existing oncology KOL portfolio is required;
- Working knowledge of genomic laboratory developed testing (LDT);
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, strong inter- and intradepartmental management skills, ability to educate and train;
- Ability to travel (50%);
- Familiarity with CLIA-88', CAP, Sunshine Act (2013), AdvaMed Guidelines;
- Self-starter, self-motivated with an ownership mindset
- An at-cause approach to problem solving and ability to influence others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, MSN, BSN)
- 3 years of MSL experience in a diagnostics, biotech or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in the oncology filed required; experience with LDTs strongly preferred.