The Clinical Analytics Engineer II is a part of the Clinical Data Solutions (CDS) within Physician Services organization of HealthTrust. This technical and clinical subject matter focused position with the team is responsible for designing, developing, testing and validating risk adjusted analytic solutions. This goal will be achieved by working with cross-functional clinical and business teams utilizing Microstrategy, Tableau, SAS, and R. The Clinical Analytics Engineer II is responsible for application creation, administrative tasks, testing/validation, and supporting analytic dashboard and report solutions development, deployment, and delivery. This role will support risk adjustment modeling, ad hoc reporting and analyses, and report configuration within the organization and for external stakeholders. The Clinical Analytics Engineer II will support project-specific analyses for stakeholders on the operational and clinical aspects related to existing and future engagements.
The Clinical Analytics Engineer II will collaborate with HealthTrust inter-departmental Clinicians, Business Analysts, Data Scientist, Project Managers, and Information Technology organization, providing subject matter knowledge related to analyzing and reporting focus areas such as clinical procedures, federal health policy related to acute and post-acute providers, and clinically related items, implants, and devices. The Clinical Analytics Engineer II will ensure the effective design, build, deployment, documentation and maintenance of related activities to support end-user processes. Additionally, the Clinical Analytics Engineer II will contribute to the expansion of business processes and performance related to HealthTrust's clinical data strategy. The person hired to this position will have experience developing advanced analytic models which can be applied to supporting the CDS team and broader organization. The incumbent be versed in the subject-matter necessary to facilitate, augment and implement clinical data analytics delivery related to CDS and HealthTrust internal and external clinical data and analytics related needs.
DUTIES (included but not limited to) –
- Working knowledge of health industry data standards.
- Ability to apply fundamental concepts and principles gained through experience to solve both straightforward and moderately complex problems.
- Technical knowledge of analytics engineering and BI development and deployment.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Basic programming knowledge, preferably in a dynamic language such as Python or R. SQL and SAS development experiencepreferred.
- Familiarity with the agile process.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Technical aptitude to learn and adapt to new industry applications and tools.
- Builds relationships within the department and across multi-disciplinary teams to assist in facilitating discussions regarding data outputs and feedback on usage activities to improve data and analytics output.
- Identify and champion management reporting best practices and standards for the team. Engage with multi-disciplinary teams using data to improve usage and operational workflow.
- Practice and adhere to HealthTrust’s “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Effective independently and across teams; accomplishes tasks with minimal guidance.
- Acts as a mentor and provides direction for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides architectural guidance and oversees team best practices.
- Brings clarity to complex situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s DegreeRequired. Analytically focused master's degreepreferred in Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Informatics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or Health Services Research.
- 5+ years clinical data/process/ analysis experiencerequired.
Job Code: 10250-1825