$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Clinical Account Specialist develops business relationships with Retina practices (including Retina Specialists, Nurses, Technicians, Office Managers and Practice Administrators) in an effort to drive the awareness and sale of our product across the target hospitals/clinics and among the Ophthalmologist/Retinal Specialist in their assigned territory. They will facilitate and develop relationships with the medical/scientific community including KOLs, physicians and medical centers, by communicating scientific and medical on-label information and promotional messages to all relevant staff and institutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, prioritizes and maps key target sites for sales opportunities; responsible for developing and implementing a coordinated promotional plan to drive sales with targeted sites, ophthalmologists and other key healthcare personnel
• Effectively utilizes Alimera Sciences sales and data resources to maximize territory productivity
• Develops realistic yet robust territory business plans
• Monitors operating costs and compliance within territory budget
• Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Alimera Sciences activities
• Business travel by air or car is regularly required
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 + years selling pharmaceutical or medical device products
• Experience selling in a buy/bill Medicare part B medical benefit environment
• Capacity to execute company commercial plan with assigned targets
• Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex clinical data.
• Excellent account management skills: ability to accurately diagnose reimbursement and patient access issues and then utilize functional team partners (Managed Care Account Manager, Reimbursement Specialist, Case Manager etc.) to solve access issues.
• Solid administrative skills to provide reports, input into Veeva call reporting system and ad-hoc requests
Work Environment & Physical Demands
• Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver's license
• Computer and software skills
• Ability to stand or walk for extended periods throughout the day
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile
• Ability to travel up to 50 % (travel to include overnights depending on territory geography)
Valid Through: 2019-10-16