The purpose of this job is to maintain and establish growth of the current microbiology customer base and create new business opportunities through the placement of instruments (with service programs) and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The Account Manager is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals and maintaining existing customers and targeting competitive accounts within a territory as defined by bioMerieux.
Create and execute business plan to achieve or exceed territory growth per company plan and drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and reagents. Identify High Value targets in geographical territory.
- Meet/exceed the annualized sales objectives (equipment, reagents and service) in a manner that is both ethical and sustainable over time
- Identify High Value targets in geographical territory
- Develop strategy and individual responsibilities to close sales of all High Value targets.
- Maintain existing customer business to minimize lost/eroded business.
- Actively manage pipeline to ensure timing of closes matches Monthly Forecast & Quarterly Business Plan.
- Collaborate with Field Application Specialist(s) within context of business plan.
- Monitor monthly sales as reported in ESS for accuracy and adjust action plans to account for shortages towards goal achievement.
Develop relationships with key customers within defined territory.
- Identify key customers/reference sites within defined region.
- Establish relationships with these identified key customers/reference accounts.
- Leverage these relationships to expand existing business/target competitive business within defined region.
Serve as liaison between Marketing and Sales.
- Channel competitive information gathered in field to marketing and sales team.
- Implement and participate in pilot projects with new product launches.
- Identify, to marketing, key opinion leaders within defined region.
- Submit monthly pipeline management & forecast reports.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the Director of Sales.
- Submit expense reports on a weekly basis through Concur.
- Become fluent and develop expertise with bioMerieux's CRM platform (Salesforce.com). Enter data daily to keep accounts current and fully up to date with regards:
- Account Data – contacts etc.
- Opportunities by product type
- Calls/Meetings/Objectives/Next Steps
- Competitive Installed Base
- Close all appointments with notes and update milestones on a daily basis.
- Comply with bioMerieux Canada Inc. commercial policies when making financial offers or responding to tenders.
Provide technical expertise/assistance in product line as required in sales process.
- Support and/or deliver key sales presentations/demonstrations where required.
- Communicate with customers on product line technical issues where required.
Other accountabilities as assigned
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
Studies – Experience:
- BS/BA/BCOMM desired, degree in science / business related field preferred.
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of clinical lab operations preferred, but not required.
- Sales Experience required, minimum of 5 years selling experience; capital equipment sales preferred.
- Formal sales competency training course preferred (e.g., SPIN, Strategic Selling, BASE)
- Knowledge of bioMerieux products preferred, but not required.
- Team player attitude: ability to build consensus among team members/collaborate with other team members (discuss previous successes).
- Working knowledge of computers; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint knowledge required.
- Must be able to become certified in Microbiology product-line within 6 months of hire.
- Excellent selling, organization, communication and presentation skills required.
- Candidate should be prepared to demonstrate above skills during the interview process.