What is Bigfoot Biomedical?
Bigfoot believes people living with insulin-requiring diabetes deserve relief from its daily burden. We envision a world where the emotional, mental, physical, and financial burden of diabetes has been significantly reduced. We are passionately dedicated to delivering simpler, safer, and more effective solutions for life with insulin.
We are personally committed to the mission of improving the lives of people with diabetes through the application of smart technology. We bring deep and nuanced understanding of customer needs, demonstrated technical capabilities in developing and commercializing technology, and proven business acumen in funding and growing startups into profitable publicly traded enterprises.
What we are building at Bigfoot Biomedical
Bigfoot is building diabetes management solutions integrating data, software, smart devices, and people. This is your chance to join a very talented team!
Serving as a foundational commercial leader, the Clinical Account Manager, reporting to the Director, Client Success, will contribute to shaping the future of Bigfoot Biomedical as a commercial organization with responsibility to implement the Bigfoot Unity Program in a contracted provider's clinic. Successful implementation will drive adoption and generate revenue for the Company and our provider partner Clinics and deliver a radically simplified experience for the person with diabetes prescribed the solution.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse or Registered Dietician with clinical experience in any specialty, especially Endocrinology. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree in their related field of nutrition or nursing. Having that experience will enable the person in that role to be capable of performing workflow analysis at newly contracted provider practices and apply best business practices related to implementation of the program related to the Company's products and services. In this role, the Senior Client Success Manager will be an individual contributor primarily interfacing with practice management in the contracted provider offices.
We are seeking candidates who possess the ability to exercise traditional and out-of-the-box approaches to improve performance, solve problems, and keep a customer centric focus. The ideal candidate will be an action-oriented individual with a consistent drive and commitment to fostering a long-standing relationship with our provider customers. This individual will play a pivotal role in implementing a program that meets, and ideally, exceeds the needs of our provider customers and their patients.
- Meets assigned targets for implementation goals, timelines, and other key performance objectives.
- Contributes to learning and development initiatives impacting the Client Success organization and provides stewardship of Client Success talent.
- Demonstrates the Bigfoot Biomedical culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Contributes to change initiatives by providing constructive feedback. participating in potential change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with co-workers, customers and prospects.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned organizational objectives for Client Success, profits, volume, and other strategic goals.
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the company.
- Adheres to operations budget and provide regular reporting.
- Represent the Company in meetings with customers, partners, vendors, industry associations and community organizations.
- Participate in business planning activities for future development and growth of the organization.
- Registered Nurse, Registered Dietician.
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience.
- Experience in implementation, account management, and/or program development in clinical setting.
- A solid understanding of clinical workflows, roles, and responsibilities of clinical and non-clinical support staff in a practice, and best practices for each.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of RPM billing and coding procedures for Health Care Providers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for both internal and external interactions.
- A proactive self-starter with an established track record of fostering positive relationships and interactions with internal staff and customers.
- Experience in ad hoc problem solving, followed by process revision to memorialize the changes.
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and willing to take on additional duties.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills and the ability to creatively solve challenges.
- A "doer" personality: biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master simplifier, and constantly pushing toward improved outcomes.
- Ability to work as a remote employee coordinating with other company departments to achieve performance goals.
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree in their related field of nutrition, nursing, or health management.
- Solid understanding of healthcare software preferred.
- Experience in clinical implementation, account development and support roles a plus.
- Travel expectations: 50-75% (post the Public Health Emergency related to COVID-19)
- Must have a valid Driver's License in the state the candidate resides.
What will you do at Bigfoot Biomedical?
What you do here at Bigfoot will largely be defined by your existing skills and desire to grow to help us achieve the above. We have an employee-friendly working environment that provides bike racks and showers, lunch and snacks, and flexible hours. Our culture helps us stay focused on our goals.
We have competitive benefits. We have a great team culture. We understand that we all need to succeed as a team. We have fun while we're building a solution we can be proud of.
If you're ready to make a dent in the universe, join the mission, and feel like what you do every day isn't just a job, come talk to us!
Bigfoot Biomedical, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.