The Facility Manager’s role is for the development and supervision of the day to day operations of the rehabilitation facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager and/or Director of Services, the Facility Manager is responsible for:
- Exceptional patient care and service.
- Manage daily operations of respective facility.
- Maintain physical environment of facility and equipment.
- Make recommendations for purchase of new equipment.
- Perform monthly analysis of facility statistics (volume, parity, referral sources).
- Develop yearly service and marketing plans for respective facility.
- Coordinate and lead marketing efforts for facility.
- Organize and lead quarterly staff meetings, and oversee clinical staff meetings.
- Conduct interviews and hire qualified individuals for clinical, support, and administrative positions.
- Oversee professional development and education of staff.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and 90 –day reviews for professional staff, assistants and office managers, and provide input on other facility-related appraisals.
- Complete semi-annual bonus forms for eligible employees.
- Oversee daily schedule and staffing.
- Perform direct patient care and Athletic Training/Community Service.
- Oversee QA Contact and assist with data collection as necessary.
- Coordinate orientation of new employees with corporate office.
- Providing interpretation of prescriptions, performing an initial evaluation, and establishing a treatment plan with functional goals.
- During the treatment period, responsible for upgrading the treatment and the goals.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians.
- Determining appropriate time and discharge and patient follow-up.
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and administrative staff as needed.
- Supervising of PTA and Therapist if applicable
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention.
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT’s are responsible for documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all written communications in a timely manner, i.e., initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, functional capacity evaluations and daily totals sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary.
- The Facility Manager is also responsible for continuing to establish and develop professional relations with Athletico’s valued referral sources including:
- Physician contacts – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services in the area.
- Physician office visits – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services in the area
- Accompanying patients to their physician visits (patient visits).
- Interoffice communication and follow up.
- Staff in-services, community in-services, attendance at continuing education courses, and follow-up summary of all continuing education courses to staff members.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform additional duties as required
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s (i.e. Exercise Science related field), Masters or Doctorate Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program, Occupational Therapy Program, or Athletic Training Program
Requisition # 2017-1958