The Manager Clinic – 2 is responsible for managing the clinical, operational, and financial activities within 1 or more ambulatory clinics, may provide complex services within the clinic setting or see high volumes of patients. Works collaboratively with the Medical Director, other Medical Center departments, management, faculty and other stakeholders to ensure: timely patient access to care, operational efficiency, practice productivity, fiscal integrity, patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
Primary responsibilities include: human resources management, practice business development, daily operational efficiency, effectiveness and regulatory compliance. Ensures the effective, safe and therapeutic nursing services meet established Medical Center and accrediting agency regulations and guidelines.
- All responsibilities are fulfilled consistent with the mission, vision, and values of University of Virginia Medical Center.Manages 1 or more clinics. Clinic may provide complex services (procedures) and/or see high volumes of patients. Develops and implements staffing plans and assures appropriate coverage. Interviews, selects, mentors, and evaluates staff. Administers corrective disciplinary action when necessary.
- Evaluates the delivery of patient care services and implements improvements in collaboration with physicians, clinicians, and other members of the health care team. Ensures on-going evaluation and continuous improvement of services.
- Directs the acquisition and allocation of human, material, and financial resources to ensure utilization in an appropriate and cost effective manner.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget to ensure adequate control of financial resources.
- May provide direct patient care as needed and assures that clinical skills are maintained as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities and develops and implements plans and services which enhance the Medical Center’s strategic plan. Participates in the strategic planning for ambulatory services in support of the Medical Center’s strategic initiatives.
- Monitors customer service satisfaction for clinic and takes timely action to address identified issues.
- Acts as the liaison between various Medical Center departments and the Department of Nursing, as needed, through participation in interdepartmental and medical center committees to ensure consistent standards of practice and communication.
- Ensures compliance with standards set forth by external licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $79,497.60 - $127,192.00 AnnualMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. If licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse - Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited program required.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience required. Management experience in an Ambulatory Environment preferred.
Licensure: None required. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia preferred.